help with parameters in lspcad needed

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by LanceEAR, Oct 29, 2003.

1. LanceEAR

LanceEAR Agent

This is my first post after lurking around for quite a while. I've been into home theater for a long time but this diy is completed new to me.

I plan on building a sub based on a tempest but I'm not sure whether to continue looking for a sonotube supplier in Maryland or build an enclosure. The problem is I have limited woodworking tools and even less experience.

Long story short: I am now planning on building an smaller sub based on an 8" or 10" Dayton Quatro since I can purchase 12" sonotubes at my local HD. At least I can get my feet wet, so to speak, and see how much work is really envolved.

The problem: I can not figure out how to model drivers using lspcad!

Question 1: Does the version of lspcad from adire only work for their products? If not, how do I enter vas, qts, etc. The fields are greyed-out and do not accept input.

Question 2: Is there another free version of lspcad that allows me to model any speaker?

Question 3: Should I forget lspcad for now and just use the specs on Parts Express's website for the drivers? I realize these drivers (8"&10") will not give me what I am after (hence the tempest) but I still want the best possible performance I can get.

Maybe that is too much for my first post but I'm getting really anxious about building a sub after reading this forum for so long!

TIA for any help.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

1. Yes, that version is specific to Adire products only.

2. You can try to look for "WinISD Pro" to download. It's decent freeware, but not great. Also "unibox" might be another piece of freeware you might try. Google on those 2 program names.

3. That's up to you.