What's new

Help With Onkyo TX-SR702 (1 Viewer)

Brandon_V

Auditioning
Hello All,
I am pretty new to the audiophile status, But I went and bought a home theater.

I bought a Onkyo THX certified TX-SR702...A Veladyne SPL2 series 12 inch powerd subwoofer... and for speakers I bought some Klipsch Speaker's, my buddy recommended them, but They seem good to me, For my surround's I have the
KS-525-THX..my center is the synergy RC-35, and my Main speakers are the synergy F-2's. All I know is they sound better than my old Infinity's.. But dont know if the definitive tech speakers I also heard would be Better for my house. (Would like opinions on that)

Anyway to get the question, My Veladyne sub provides plenty enough bass for my 35' by 22' room for the theater. I have read and re-read the Onkyo manual, and I cannot stop most of the Bass going through my front's as when I listen to music I like it very loud and the fronts fold under the bass of some of my older music but the sub is (lack for a better word) flawless. And the only way I can have the sub on is by having the double bass on (so it says in the manual) Does anyone know how to bypass the double bass and still have the sub work only in "Pure Audio Mode" Or Pure Stereo?
I am sorry for rambling but wanted to get the klipsch speakers out there as I have a 30 day listening period, And the showroom was not as big as my theater room, Are Definitive Tech's better than klipsch? Sorry I know thats a loaded question. Again thank you soo much and love my new stuff, and thanks for any help or suggestions.

Brandon VanLieshout

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The simple way to do it is to have your mains set to small and use the lowest x-over they can handle. In most cases, I would recommend leaving double bass OFF.

Patrick.B

Auditioning
Brandon has the same problem I was asking over in the speaker and sub forum about a lack of bass from my SVS. I didn't see any way to set speakers to "small." There is no large/small option that I've seen either in the manual or in just messing around with the receiver menus.

I have an Onkyo 803, Axiom M80ti's and an SVS 16-46pci for what it's worth. The sub basically doesn't seem to be getting any of the deep bass from ANYTHING be it a DVD, TV or music. The DVD player (which I also use for CDs) is set to bitstream, the crossover is 80 hz, the subwoofer is set to "yes" and I don't really know what else to do.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Direct/Pure Audio bypasses the subwoofer. Stereo includes the subwoofer.
As for where the Small/Large options are stored-- consult the manual. On my 502, they're in the Speaker Configuration Menu.

After downloading the huge manual for 803. I see that the options are daunting.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you go into the menu with pure direct on, the speaker size options may not be available.

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
On the receiver itself press the tone button until you see BASS and then use the +/- to adjust the level. This only affects the front speakers. Hope that helps... page 70 of the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks