What's new

Help with new SkyFi2 (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I'm the proud owner of 2 new SkyFi2's. One for me, and one for the wife. We're both fans of O&A, and happy to be able to hear them again. Anyway, I am going to take mine from my car to the living room fairly often. I wanted to know if there's anyway I can buy something that will help me read the display from 12 feet. I can read it fine if I use the large scrolling text but I can't see when scrolling through channels or trying to work with my presets. Any suggestions?

Ronn.W

Second Unit
Yeah,that's about all I can think of. Or a large fresnel lense mounted in front of it. ;) I can't read mine from 7 feet away in the house. I keep a list of stations on my desk and just use that to go by when I flip channels with the remote.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Kyle,

Ain't it grand to be back with O&A?

They are just as fresh and funny as they
were on WNEW.

KyleC

Supporting Actor

Yes my wife and I have been listening the past few days, and it's great.

Thanks Ronn.W I guess that's what I'll have to do until I know the stations by memory. :)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Is there anyway to change the display so when you're scrolling through the channels it tells what song it is instead of the station names? I like the web interface where you set your presets and you can see what's playing on all the stations at once.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Ron also since you live just north of me maybe you could best answer this. Is it ok to leave the unit in the car overnight in the cold/heat?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Kyle,

I don't have the SkyFi 2 in front of me so I
am giving you an answer solely based on memory...

You can certainly change the display to list songs
instead of stations while scrolling.

Play around with the DISPLAY button while scrolling.

Let me know if this works.

As for your second question....

I don't think there is any harm leaving your
receiver in the car during extreme heat or cold,
but personally, I wouldn't.

I went out and bought a really nice case for the
SkyFi from myradiostore.com for about $15. I took
the receiver out of the car every night, slipped it
into the protective case, and left it indoors.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Kyle,

It doesn't do it a bit of harm to leave the unit in your car. I live in Vermont, and I've had the SkyFi 2 for over a year now, and it has been exposed to temperatures from minus 25 to plus 130 and it works fine. When it is extremely cold - say less than 10 degrees the lcd scroll for the song titles tends to blur together, but it does not effect the sound and when it warms up in the car the scroll goes back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.