What's new

Help With New HT Setup (1 Viewer)

Jeremy B.

Stunt Coordinator
I have started to plan my new HT setup for the house I am building this winter/spring. I currently only have the TV for it right now, Mitsu 46809 RPTV. The room will be 18' x 15', with the tv setting on the 15' wall. The back of the room really isn't wall, but just a "stud" overhang that separates the family/kitchen area. I will have prewires for the rear speakers across this back stud overhang. If we are getting extremely technical about the space, there is another 18' run that goes to the kitchen, but the rear speakers will be at the middle of that area. I was initially going to go 5.1, but I am getting a lot of recommendations on doing 6.1 now, with a rear center. I don't want to break the bank on the first setup, and I know I will plan on upgrading in the future once the bug hits me. I want something that will make me feel like the movie is completely engulfing me, but it doesnt have to be overpowering. I am trying to stay under $1000 for receiver, Fronts, Rears, and sub. I have a friend who works at HHGregg who is going to shoot me whatever I need at cost, so I think my $1000 limit is going to be very manageable for a "newbie" setup. Can any of you make any recommendations on what I am looking for in the way of a receiver, sub, and speakers. Thanks for the input!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy, your best option is to post in A/V Sources, since you're asking for entire system advice. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. To get input on specific components, post in the appropriate hardware area. Good luck. JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks