What's new

HELP with my velo ct-100 !!! (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I have the volume set to the max on the sub and my onkyo 575x and I'm getting a very low sound considering the volume settings. I have it hooked up with a single cable coming out of my sub pre-out into the left input of the sub.
Could it be I need a Y connector ?...Is the receiver pre-out sub sending the signal in stereo and I'm only getting half of the output ?

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Probably not the Y connector. I would hit the 'TEST' button on the receiver remote and as the test tones go from speaker to speaker, see what the sub is set to. If it's between 0 and +12, you should have enough signal, especially with the amp turned up on the sub all the way. -1 thru -12, and you should up the output level.
Try a new interconnect between receiver and sub.
Try using a Y connector, though the Velo manual says the inputs are summed, making the Y connect unnecessary.
Double check your settings on the back- 'Auto-on', 'Volume',
etc.
Good luck. My friend has the same receiver and sub- it's a nice combination, provided it works!

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I can't find on the manual where it saids that the left and right inputs are summed ?...Why do subs have left and right inputs ?...I need more help guys !!!! my reciever is set to max and my velo is always. If the Y connecter does not work I'm going to freak out !!

Arun_R

Auditioning
I have a CT-100 hooked up to a denon avr-3801 with a single cable going to the sub's left input. I don't think you need a Y connector.
A few things to look for:
1. Check the level of your sub output on the rcvr.
2. Check to make sure you connected the cable to the right pre-out on the rcvr.3.you can also connect the sub to another channel's pre-out to test if you sub is working.
4. Make sure the sub's cross over dial is not set to like 40 hz.
5. You could also try setting the mains to small so the rcvr sends more signals to the sub.
Just a few things that come to mind. Hope this helps.

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
I have a CT-80 connected to my Outlaw 1050 and I am using a Y connector, just because I have one. It shouldn't make any difference. The LFE output is not stereo. One thing, I don't know what kind of cable you're using, but I switched to an Acoustic Research composite video cable and it got rid of a low hum and seemed to improve sound quality a bit.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I don't know what I did but that thing is pumping like crazy !!!... I always had it on "direct" bypassing the internal crossover of the sub. I placed in the corner and bought a "Y" cable. Now the kids get scared on the opening scenes of TOY STORY 2 !!...Thanks guys for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.