What's new

Help with my Sony receiver (STRDE875) (1 Viewer)

Frank Stevens

Auditioning
You'll have to excuse me for being a complete novice when it comes to home theater setup and connections. Computers I know, HT I do not.
Heres the problem. I have a new DVD player with Optical outputs as well as S-Video and composite video outs (Sony DVP-NS400D). I want the optimum connection between my receiver and my dvd player. I thought that by going with an optical cable for sound, and the S-Video cable for video, I would get this. Only problem is, when I do this, and turn my TV on, the video isn't playing through. The TV just displays "No signal detected"
I have composite hookups to the TV from the reciever. Am I missing a step here?
Thank you so much in advance.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Hey Frank welcome aboard!
To clear up your problem, you'll need to run s-video IN to the receiver from DVD, then run S-Video cable OUT of receiver to TV. It's not possible to convert S-video signals to composite in the set-up you have.
Hope this helps
Alfer
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

Frank Stevens

Auditioning
Well that would explain a lot! :)
Thanks for the help! I might post more questions in here later, seeing as how I am so proficient at the HT setup (ha!). I did get it working with the optical for sound and one A/V cable for the video. I'll have to keep this setup until I buy a new TV.
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks