Help with my Dazzle Compact Flash Reader!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Richard_T, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

For Christmas I got one of those Dazzle Compact flash readers to use with my Digital Camera. It worked great up until last night when I inserted my card and nothing happened! I got a quick hour glass icon and then it just did nothing! When I open my Paint Shop program, I can select a picture from off my memory card so i know the reader is working but it won't self boot when I insert my card. It did before but now it doesn't. I'm using XP Home Edition. Any help would be great. Thanks everyone!!

2. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Come on geniuses, I need help here!

3. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

Can you see the drive and files in Windows Explorer? I am guessing you can if you can see them from Paint Shop Pro. Then I am assuming that what you are talking about is the little window that pops up, once you insert your memory card, asking what you would like to do. Then it sounds like you turned off autoplay on this drive.

4. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

How do I restart it then Jesse?

5. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

Right-click the USB drive in Windows Explorer (or My Computer), and select Properties. Select the AutoPlay tab. Now you can select your AutoPlay preferences according to the type of content. This should get it.

Also, you can download XP Power Toys from Microsoft. This allows you to very easily tweak hundreds of things inside Windows. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp