Help With Mits 55411

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Can, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

I have a problem with my tv when I display a black screen. It is easy to see it when I put the tv on and set to the input for the cable box(ant.B) and leave the cable box off. The right 1/3 of the screen is much darker than the left 2/3. There is a straight line separating the two different shades. I can adjust the brightness and contrast to make the whole screen blacker but I can still see it a little. Should I take the back panel off and see if there is something wrong like a dirty lens? what else can I look for or do? It is only 8 weeks old and I've noticed it happening for a while and is now starting to bug me a bit. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    On a 8 week old TV YOU SHOULDNT DO ANYTHING!!! Call a service tech out or simply get the set replaced.

regards

gregg

3. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply Gregg. I was hoping that someone would have an easy fix or know something that I could try. I really don't like to call out service techs because I've heard how things can be made worse. If it gets bad I'll have to call, but I'd rather see if I can do something myself. let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks