1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help With Mits 55411

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Can, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

I have a problem with my tv when I display a black screen. It is easy to see it when I put the tv on and set to the input for the cable box(ant.B) and leave the cable box off. The right 1/3 of the screen is much darker than the left 2/3. There is a straight line separating the two different shades. I can adjust the brightness and contrast to make the whole screen blacker but I can still see it a little. Should I take the back panel off and see if there is something wrong like a dirty lens? what else can I look for or do? It is only 8 weeks old and I've noticed it happening for a while and is now starting to bug me a bit. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    On a 8 week old TV YOU SHOULDNT DO ANYTHING!!! Call a service tech out or simply get the set replaced.

regards

gregg

3. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply Gregg. I was hoping that someone would have an easy fix or know something that I could try. I really don't like to call out service techs because I've heard how things can be made worse. If it gets bad I'll have to call, but I'd rather see if I can do something myself. let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks