What's new

Help with Metal Gear Solid 2 - Xbox (1 Viewer)

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
I am stuck please help!!
I just finished the first boss bottle (the Russian Girl) and now I'm just wondering aropund and can't find the way to the Enginee room where is where I need to go next i think??
Help! :frowning:

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
you know when you first go inside the tanker itself ad you see a cinematic with the enemy's shadow? instead of running towards the enemy run in the opposite direction and you'll see one of those sliding doors. go through it, and make a right. you'll see a set of stairs and another sliding door, go down the stairs and your in the engine room. hope you understodd that.

James T

Screenwriter
I took me awhile to figure that out as well. But trust me, the maps will get easier to follow once you get to the oil rig. The oil rig is built like a circle so it's not as hard to get lost.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
arghhhh that oil rig was the stopping point for me when I had the PS2 version.... I did something wrong.. and had to start all over again..... but I didnt.

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
well I got to the room with the sleeping guard and the flies. The door on the right goes to the engine room but for some reason I can not go in!!!! iT WON'T OPEN!
What gives?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Are you talking about the hallway with the guard sleeping on the stairs and the other guard patrolling? around the cafeteria style area?
if so go out of the room to the right, then go down the stairs. there's a door in the small room down the stairs on the left that is where you're supposed to be going.
if you have any other questions ask quick, because i was walking my friend thru the game last night and he just got a bit past this part.

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
thanks Mark I am talking about the room down the stairs after the lounge are, when you go down the stairs there's a guard sleeping and a bunch of flies flying around him. After I kill him there's a door on the right that is supposed to lead to the engine room but when i try to go in the door does not open! and I already defeated the first boss and got the thermal goggles so i don't get it

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I think it's the door on the other side of the map (same radar screen, opposite side) there's no guard by the door you need to go thru.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Mark is right, you need to go to the opposite side from the guard sleeping.

I finished the game on PS2, i was getting all the tags, and i was over confident i kept saving on the same slot, then blam i run into olga on extreme.... I cant beat her, she keeps flashing that light at me, i have no rations (they dont give you any in extreme) and two shots kills me... grrr this is no fun, havent played it in months cause of that.

James T

Screenwriter
John, shoot out the lights and the rope holding the canvas. If you do that, then that's two things you don't have to worry about.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Thats the problem on the higher difficulties you cant shoot out the light, Olga keeps shooting it to get it pointing in your face.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks