Help with MC-8 and VCR set-up!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Steve Morgan, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    I have a JVC S-3500u S-video VCR. I connected the video out of the vcr to the s-video 3 in of the MC-8.I connected the in from the vcr to the Zone 2 out s-video on the MC-8. The audio I did the same. I have the monitor connected to the Main Video out and the Satellite connected to S-Video 1 on the MC-8. All are assigned correctly. I have the VCR on L-1. Why can't I record from the Satellite? do I have to have the VCR on a certain channel? Please give detailed instructions. I have been trying for 2 years to record satellite first with the MC-1 and now with the MC-8. Thanks for your help.
    Steve:b

2. Marty Neudel

Marty Neudel Stunt Coordinator

Steve,

when you select the sattelite on the 8, are you selecting it for zone-2?

Marty

3. Winfred.S

Winfred.S Agent

Steve,

Does your satellite have two sets of outputs or one. If you have two, I would suggest running one directly to your MC-8 input and the other set of outputs to your vcr in. Your vcr should be on channel 3 (sometimes 4, depending on how your vcr is setup).

If your sat only has one set of outs, I believe you will need to send the signal to your vcr first then from your vcr to your MC-8 in. In this case, your vcr would need to be powered on to watch your satellite.

The way you have it setup, I believe the signal is not being sent to your vcr since you are using a different source to watch the sat, the output to the vcr is not being engaged to send the signal to the vcr. Try using the same in/out number on your MC-8. i.e. svid 3 in and svid 3 out on the MC-8.

Hope it works.

4. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    Thanks everyone for your help. I feel like an idiot. I just had to go into the menu of the VCR and set the DBs to L-1. I had it set on the box to L-1 but not in the menu. Works like a charm now. Again thanks for the help:b
    Steve