What's new

Help with Laser Disc (1 Viewer)

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Im considering purchasing a LD player and have no Idea what to look for. I have a AVR-3802 and want a player that will be compatible with it.(5.1) Also where is a good source for purchasing the disc themselves. Im really wanting The Star Wars trilogy. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Rodney, go to the Home Theater Basics area and read the LD section I wrote on page 2 of Vince's basics project. It's a long scroll down! You'll have some idea of what players to look for then and why. Best wishes!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
If you want the original Star Wars trilogy they're not 5.1, don't worry about it. I recommend the Pioneer CLD-S104 (or CLD-S201) if you want LD for just three prologic movies.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
There are a few Pioneer and Marantz models you can look for. But what you need is a LD with a AC-3 and digital output. With these two output you can do 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS. Although you might need an AC-3 demondulator and they are hot easy to get right now. I use a Marantz LV-520 Laserdisc Player with a Yamaha demodulator for Dolby Digital. I have about 60 LD movies and will buy more used LD. As far as wanting Star Wars trillogy on LD in Dolby Digital. One of the only places you might find it is on EBay. Other than that it has been out of press and is not maid anymore. Your only other alternative is to wait for Lucas to release it on DVD. And it is a good bet it will only be available in Dolby Digital. I hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks