What's new

help with laptop lcd and ant (1 Viewer)

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
The FIU library has a red ant problem. One of them found its way into the lcd screen of my laptop. It is dead and not moving. Is there any easy way I can open up the lcd and get it out? It is right in the center of the screen snd is very annoying.

Maybe Best Buy/etc could handle this?

Thanks for the help.

-rob

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
It would depend on the model you have. Laptops that I have taken apart in the past were usually difficult and required disassembly of many parts just to get to the LCD. I'm not trying to discourage you from doing it yourself, but things can get messy. If you do decide to do it yourself, be careful and take your time. Perhaps someone else can provide some more insight.

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
Thanks John,

I have a Sony Vaio pcg-sr33k which is a small 2.9lb sub notebook. It does not look like it will be an easy case to crack. I am wondering were a good place would be to take it?

thanks again,

-rob

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to do it yourself. Although I'm sure Best Buy or CompUSA would be able to help you out, they'll probably charge you an arm and a leg. I'd look for a smaller business that might specialize in laptop repair. I would imagine with a city as big as Miami there should be some.

Actually, I just did a simple search and I found the following:

Laptop Dr Inc
(305) 948-0509 2100 NE 164th St
North Miami Beach, FL

Laptop City
(305) 948-0509 900 Park Centre Blvd
Miami, FL

Of course, this is assuming you're in Miami presently. In any event, I'd probably ask for a few estimates and try to find the best price. Hope this helps.

John

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
yes, I would reccomend just having a tech support guy deal with it, LCD's are tricky and there is a lot to mess up in one, especially when it comes to the backlighting and LCD controls.

that way if he screws it up he pays for it and not you :D

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

John, your search was really above the call of duty, thanks a lot.

It will get fixed...somehow

-rob

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
rob,

glad i could help. let us know when you finally get this thing fixed...i'd like to know how the process went.

take care,

john

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks