Help with Kenwood HTB 504 hookups

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by craig carroll, Nov 5, 2001.

1. craig carroll

craig carroll Auditioning

I got myself this system yesterday, and I'm not sure which rca jacks to plug my tv into. From the manual, it looks like its the Video 1 Play IN jacks, but i get no sound, i tried it in the PHONO jacks, and it works, but everything sounds scratchy (like the tv reception is bad) but when i use the tv speakers, it sounds fine...any ideas? what am i doing wrong?
    thanks
    craig

2. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Plug the RCA jacks in to either Video 1 or Video 2 "PLAY IN", then look on the front of your receiver and push the "input mode" button until it says "Analog".
    Still no sound? go into your TV's audio menu and enable your RCA output, look for something that says "Speakers off, fixed output" or something to that effect.
    I have a Kenwood receiver and use Video 2 for TV and Video 1 for VHS.
    DO NOT plug into Phono!
    Let us know!
    And welcome to the HTF!
    ------------------
    Sean
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"
    [Edited last by Sean Conklin on November 05, 2001 at 11:14 PM]

3. craig carroll

craig carroll Auditioning

yay, you're my new hero, it worked, i went in to video 2, (video 1 doesnt have the analog option)
    thanks for your help

4. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

No problem craig. No Video 1 does not have a digital input, so your only option is Analog.
    Did you have to enable your TV or Receiver? I ask because you should have gotten sound out of Video 1, if your TV's RCA's were activated..
    ------------------
    Sean
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"
    [Edited last by Sean Conklin on November 05, 2001 at 11:28 PM]