What's new

Help With IR Remote & Receiver Behing Wood Door (1 Viewer)

The receiver in my HT is situated behind a wood door and can not be moved. It is a VR509 from Kenwood. I just bought the MX500 remote and do not know what to get so the 500 can control it while the door is closed. The back of the receiver has a jack for an IR Repeater. I bought a Xantech 286M, plugged it in and ran the cable to the front but that does not work. Can someone please tell me a cheap and easy way to get this to work.

thanks.

Anthony June

Agent
The IR input is for after you go through a Xantech connector block. So you will need a pick up sensor (dinky link) the conector block, and then a mini from the block to the back of your recv. This will pick up the incoming signal and repeat it to the input of the recv.

One last question. Would this work:

The 291-KIT is a prepackaged infrared repeater system. It includes a 291-00 IR Receiver, a 789-44 Connecting Block, a 781C-00 Power Supply and four 283M Blink-IR™ Mouse ...

thanks for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks