What's new

help with intenet explorer 6.0 (1 Viewer)

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
I cannot access the internet options screen like I used to be able to. Under "Tools", I would bring up "internet options. Then it used to bring me to a screen under "general" (I think) where I could set the home page, delete cookies, clear history/temp folder, and so forth.
Now, after surfing and getting a tons of stupid pop-ups, it has changed. Now after selecting "internet options" I get a screen with the following tabs: security, privacy, content, connections, and advanced.

I've seen this screen before, but I would have accessed it by right clicking something else and selecting "properties", not under "internet options".

Does anybody know what I'm talking about, how to fix it, or direct me to forums more dedicated to this sort of stuff.

Thanks!

Ryan

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
It's the same properties box, except it sounds like you're missing the General tab. Another way to access the same box is to right-click the IE icon on your desktop and click properties.

I don't know what happened to your General tab, though. Probably a dll mixup or something. Reinstalling IE over itself will probably clear things up.

PS this should probably be in the computing forum.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
You seem to have been hijacked! See this thread on SpyWareInfo.com for repair/removal info. You can either download a tool to fix it, or if you are comfortable using RegEdit, that is probably the quicker way.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
Scott!

Thanks so much. I clicked on the link and the forum taught me exactly how to poke around in the registry.

I made the changes and my "general" and "programs" tabs are now restored.

You really can find everything here on HTF. Thanks for all the responses!

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks