help with image quality, please!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Charles Coates, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Charles Coates

First post! WOO!

I have a Panasonic 22" diagonal LCD television, and a Phillips 727 DVD player w/ progressive scan. The component imput on the Panasonic does not have the red,blue,and green holes that normal component cables plug in to, but rather a little plug space. Has anyone heard of this?! In order to use the component imput between the two, I had to use a component cable for the X-Box, and the image gets lots of grain. What component cables would you recomend for this T.V.? I got the Phillips player for PAL DVD's of course, but I didn't expect the video quality on the T.V to be so grainy w/ an NTSC disc(Once Upon a Time in America). So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone heard about the component cables with the single plug end, and what to get for best image quality.
    Thanks for your time!

-Charlie

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Not sure, but sounds like an S-Video connection. Is it a round multi-pin connector (S-video), or a single yellow RCA connector(composite video), or is it square (DVI)?

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Charles,

Welcome to the forum.

Is that the Panasonic TC-22LT1? Because, indeed, according to the Panasonic site, that set has 2 S-Video inputs, and, as far as I can see from its specs, no RGB inputs (which isn't bad, because a DVD stores exactly that, it's called Y/Pr/Pb).

Cees

4. Charles Coates

Well... its definitely listed as Component imput. There are also seperate s-video cable imputs as well.
    And the only plug I've been able to find for it is the one that comes with the X-box component cables. The plug is on one side, and the blue, green, and red cables plug into the back of my Phillips DVD. Unfortunately, the cables aren't that good as far as quality goes, and I've had trouble finding an adapter. Any help would be great.
    Thanks,
    -Charlie

5. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Sounds like a specialized cable that should have come with the TV.

Per the above link: