What's new

help with HT setup (1 Viewer)

ok...i have a tv in a large entertainment center in my living room. I want to get a nice reciever and some speakers for surround sound. I dont want to get rid of the entertainment center but im not sure it would be wide enought for 5.1. I guess i could place the speakers on the outside of it. the problem is that the room is medium sized but odd shaped with windows. so theres only one posible surround setup. the back surrounds could be mounted on the wall but the couch is right up agianst the back wall. so will the speakers be too close to you? would either in wall speakers be a better option, maybe but them in the cealing. I just need to know how i can set up my surrounds before go any further.

Thanks

i guess that wasnt too clear...the area i will be listening is pretty square..but theres more room goin off to the left. I just wanted to know how i can place my rear surrounds because where i will be sitting is right up agianst the back wall.

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
Can you not place the surround speakers on the sides? That's where they should be.

DougM

Auditioning
I could probably give you a better answer if I saw the room, but how about slightly behind the couch or is it up against two walls?

yea the couch is up against the back wall

so the surrounds should be on the sides? hmm i thought they should be behind you... so it should look like this
and ive read different things but should the rear speakers point towards each other?

sorry ill see if i can get a picture.

speakers = *

* //couch\ *

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks