Help with horror movie title

Discussion in 'Movies' started by David Forbes, Aug 2, 2005.

1. David Forbes

David Forbes Supporting Actor

I saw this movie as a kid on Dr. Shock or Creature Double Feature out of Philadelphia, and I remember it as one of the spookiest movies I ever saw. It was black and white, probably shot in the late 50s or early 60s, and was about witches.

It opened with some woodcarvings and V.O. explanations of witches that I don't remember. What I do remember, very vividly, is that a young woman is murdered (by a doctor, I think), and that an older woman who is a witch summons her ghost from the grave. There was this incredibly spooky scene where the woman's white transparent ghost appears and places her hands on a table. When she lifts up her arms, her hands remain on the table and eventually murder the doctor by stabbing him in the back with a pair of scissors. Maybe it completely sucked, but at the time it just seared itself into my mind and I have had no luck trying to find this. Any ideas?

I think it may have taken place at an insane asylum. That's about all the details I can recall. I would love to check this out again if I can find it. The thing with the hands just freaked me out as a kid.

2. David Forbes

Bump. Anyone?

3. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer

John Moreland
    Sounds like a film called The Witch's Mirror.

Here's a link to a decription (read down to the "Guest Synopsis": it's more detailed than the first summary and sounds like your plot). Maybe that will tell you if it's the one:

http://www.kgordonmurray.com/h28.html

4. David Forbes

No, that's close but it didn't have any SF elements. There were no transplants, just ghostly hands that moved about on their own. Damn, I wish I could find this. But thanks for trying.