What's new

Help with hooking my sub up to my HK3380 (1 Viewer)

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
hey all.
i mentioned my trouble with this in another thread but unfortunately my comment was a bit off topic and was never answered. but now i really am curious. here's what i did and what happened. your part is telling me how to fix it. I was planning a little party and wanted some music. so i decied to steal my father's JBL subwoofer. the sub is the sub out of the SCS series. im not sure exactly the part number but its a decent model for my use. anyway, i hooked the sub into the sub out on the reciever and to the LFE on the sub. turned on some music and it was a really wierd sound. the sub was very noticeable. placement was obvious from the sound. my un-expert diagnosis was that the freq cutoff was too high. then i realiezed that there probably wasn't a cutoff at all. as the sub didn't have a built in one and the reciever doesn't have one. my question to you is how can i match this sub with my stereo? ohh by the way the speakers in the stereo are a pair of boston VR-1's. (not that it should make a difference though)

PS the sub works fine on my HT which is a Yammy HTR 5740

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Does the power subs have stereo line inputs and speaker terminals. You may be able to use the receiver as a pre-amp and then hook the speakers to the terminals of the sub. I believe this would balance out somewhat. Does the sub have any type of frequency response dial to help determine how low or how high you can go with the bass.

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
well the sub does have a bunch of speaker terminals on the back. and no there is no dial to determine the freq responce.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Try to hook the speakers up to the sub and then hook the sub by using the line outputs from the receiver and see what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks