What's new

Help with hometheater setup (1 Viewer)

David?P

Agent
as you probably know, im a newb at home theater. i just got my denon 3803 and kef speakers.

now the problem i am having is, then i plug in the interconnects and optical for my dvd player all i get is a buzzing sound. when i take out the interconnects everything sounds fine.

also, when i am playing a fm station, it sounds like utterly shit.

fyi..i only have my center channel and 2 front speakers hook up

NoahD

Auditioning
David-

You need to give more information. What are the in's and out's your're connecting to? What are your settings? How are you receiving FM? Did you attach an antenna? You're colorful language doesn't actually describe the problem.

David?P

Agent
ok... here is my set up.

Denon 3803
Kef Q1s for front
Kef Q1s rear (not installed yet)
Kef Qc9 center
Kef psw2150 sub.

right now the only audio/video component plugged in to the reciever is a dvd player. i have it plugged in to the component in to the reciver, and component out from reciever to tv. i have the optical cable plugged in, as well as the red/white audio.

when i unplug the red/white from the either the reciever or dvd player it goes away.

as for the fm, yes i attatched an atenna. my fm source sounds just like my dvd/cd

also, i just plugged in my audio for my ps2 and same thing, buzzing

David?P

Agent
ok, i just noticed something else as well. when i plug keep the audio plugged in, but unplug any of the video signals the buzzing stops.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
Are you getting video on your TV? Maybe you have your component cables plugged in incorrectly or (not to insult your intelligence) maybe even plugged into an audio input?

David?P

Agent
ok, i got my buzzing to stop.

it was due to the connection between the sub and reciver. but the system still sounds muddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks