help with home theatre system

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by _bill_, Dec 15, 2003.

1. _bill_

_bill_ Auditioning

I want to build a Home Theatre system . For the fronts I have Monitor Audio Studio 20 sec and Studio Centre and the rears are Studio 6 speakers . I have a friend that can get me a good deal on new B&K or Denon products . Which brand would sound better with my speakers ? I hate anything that sounds harsh , I prefer music on the warm side . I was considering Denon 5803 or B&K avr507 . Will seperates sound better ? If seperates are better then I will consider B&K 200.7 with Ref 50. I rather not spend the extra money for seperates unless there is a big difference in sound . For a sub I was thinking of buying a used Monitor Audio FB212 or is there a got sub that is quick enough for my speakers, that is less money . Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated .

_bill_

2. gregD

gregD Second Unit

Excellent speakers!

If music is a priority, go for the B&K -- period.

The difference between B&K receiver and B&K separates won't likely be as great as the difference between Denon and B&K -- you'll have to audition that one for yourself.

The FB212 is an excellent sub and is obviously a match to your Studio's... but for less money, you should also look at the 'big 3' online-only sub manufacturers: Adire, Hsu, SVS... REL also makes a good sub, biased toward music.

You're on your way to a killer system.

3. John S

John S Producer

I love the Denon sound, so it would still have my vote....