What's new

Help with HK525 confusing specs (1 Viewer)

altan

Stunt Coordinator
The owners manual for the HK525 states

"Power Consumption 120W idle, 1040W maximum
(7 channels driven)"

Yet on the back of the unit (by the AC cord) it says

"550 Watts"

How can this be? Any input is appreciated!

... Altan

altan

Stunt Coordinator
One more think.. It's interesting that the 550 Watts is "blacked out" on Harmon Kardon's web page (when you select the view of the back). However, if you view a 525 in a store, it clearly says 550 Watts.

Strange...

... Altan

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I would guess that this figure represents average power consumption. Labelling it as 1040W would be no more accurate than labelling it as 120W would be.

Who knows why that info in the image is blacked out, but the units used for those photos are most likely pre-production prototypes, so it's possible that this figure was not know at that time.

altan

Stunt Coordinator
I certainly do not know, but I assumed the wattage label on the back was a maximum...

I very well could me wrong.

... Altan

Jeff.bart

Stunt Coordinator
As an owner of the receiver too, I honestly pay no heed to those numbers. This thing is a best at 44 pounds and has plenty of power to feed all but the most truculent speakers.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Has to do with their UL rating. Also a good number when figuring how big your circuit needs to be 550w=4.5amps
1040=8.67 amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks