What's new

Help with headphone selection (1 Viewer)

Joey_V

Second Unit
Matt,

I seriously think you should go for the refurbs. I just bought another pair of the HD650s today from ecost that are refurbed. $239 instead of the $499 that it usually sells at.

I know Sennheiser warrants it for a year and the ear padding and headband is newly replaced for every refurb headphone.

MattCPT

Stunt Coordinator
Joey,
Here I am waiting for my HD201 with only two broken Panasonic headphones that aren't even worth mentioning and your waiting for you second pair of HD650. I think I'm getting a case of upgrade-itis, and I haven't even listened to the HD201s. I don't doubt that in the future I will be buying a set of high-end headphones (like others I have upgraded each component of my system as my appreciation for good sound increases). Until then I need to prove to myself (and my wife) that I will be using headphones more often.

So I'd love to know, did you need a set for home and work or do you love the HD650 so much that you need one attached to each system in your house :D

Joey_V

Second Unit
LOL... no I dont need two! I only have 1 set of ears!

I couldnt pass up a deal on the refurb 650s so I got a pair, but I will be selling my brand new ones for close to what I paid... so, in essence, I'm saving myself a ton of cash.

If I actually had a job, then maybe I would require TWO hd650s (one for office and the other for home) since they really are THAT good to my ears. But I really only have 1 rig and one 650 is good enough for me.

Joey_V

Second Unit

Oh dont worry.. in time you will. Start low then go high, this way, you will appreciate the high-end cans like the 650s even more. There is a certain beauty to listening to headphones vs speakers. I like to sit around my computer at night and listen to music on my headphones - I could never do that with my speakers. Although I like my speakers, I like my HD650s just as much... each have their moments and each have their uses.

Here are a few pics:
With my new stand!

My room (and the old stand).

Joey_V

Second Unit
Yeah, but they only had 3 in stock. And the lady called me to see if I was interested. I dont think they have any left. :frowning:

MattCPT

Stunt Coordinator
I'll let you know what I think of the HD201 after some burn-in time. A part of me hopes that I don't appreciate them AS much as my Def Tech BP-30 speakers, it would kill me to think of how much I spent on my speakers in comparison. I doubt that it will be an issue because I love the sound of my system, but I do hope that I find myself enjoying them enough to listen more at night or even on my computer as well.

Joey_V

Second Unit
Matt,

I'm sure there is enough of you to go around to appreciate 2 systems. Good luck with your 201s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks