What's new

Help With Gamming Card (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
My son has an E-Machine T2682 computer. It has the white PCI slots. As he gets new games, he has outgrown the video card. I have up graded it once already to a Radeon 7000. His latest games require another upgrade. :frowning: What would be a good replacement card? I would like the upgrade to last awhile, but want to spend as little $$ as passable. :confused:

Dave

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit

Since you need a PCI card there aren't many options. The best PCI card I could find is a Radeon 9250 256mb such as this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102533 the card is under 70.00 and seems to be best card I could locate. It should run allot of games though I would check the minimum specs of the game he wants to play to make sure it will play what he wants.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
The machine will have serious difficulties spinning the latest generation of games, especially if it has just PCI. Just don't go buying something like Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and expect a good experience. You need at least 1 gigabyte of RAM to run it and a fairly top of the line PCI Express graphics card to turn on most (not all) the graphical goodness. Still, an $80 upgrade won't break the bank, I guess.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for all the recommendations. I purchased the GeForce FX5500. Maybe some day I will buy/build a real computer.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks