Help With Gamming Card

Discussion in 'Computers' started by drobbins, Jun 2, 2006.

1. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    My son has an E-Machine T2682 computer. It has the white PCI slots. As he gets new games, he has outgrown the video card. I have up graded it once already to a Radeon 7000. His latest games require another upgrade. [​IMG] What would be a good replacement card? I would like the upgrade to last awhile, but want to spend as little $$ as passable. [​IMG]

Dave

2. Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter Second Unit

Since you need a PCI card there aren't many options. The best PCI card I could find is a Radeon 9250 256mb such as this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102533 the card is under 70.00 and seems to be best card I could locate. It should run allot of games though I would check the minimum specs of the game he wants to play to make sure it will play what he wants.

3. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

4. Rommel_L

Rommel_L Second Unit

5. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

The machine will have serious difficulties spinning the latest generation of games, especially if it has just PCI. Just don't go buying something like Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and expect a good experience. You need at least 1 gigabyte of RAM to run it and a fairly top of the line PCI Express graphics card to turn on most (not all) the graphical goodness. Still, an $80 upgrade won't break the bank, I guess.

6. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    Thanks for all the recommendations. I purchased the GeForce FX5500. Maybe some day I will buy/build a real computer.

Dave