What's new

Help with furniture! Need advice on TV stands and Audio racks. (1 Viewer)

Cpt.America

Agent
Real Name
Brandon
So right now my entire home theater is setup on one large coffee table, and one small end table. Well, the time has come to where I need to put the coffee table back in front of the couch, and the end table back on the end :D

So what I need, is a) a TV stand, and b) an audio rack to hold my equipment. So I have a few concerns and questions.

#1) Should I buy a seperate modular audio rack to hold my gear? or should I put my gear INSIDE the cabinet doors of the TV stand? (assuming the one I pick has one). Or, is it better to get a TV Stand and a seperate audio rack? Either way, I think my HT gear will be up at the front of the room with the TV anyway. Will putting my gear in a closed cabinet cause some heat issues?

#2) For now (while im still renting my house) the TV will actually be ON the TV stand. Later, I will wall mount the TV and leave the stand underneith it. THe problem I have is that my center channel isn't all that small (polk CSi5) and I have having a hell of a time finding a stand that will let me put the center channel on some kind of shelf, underneith the TV. The center channel cannot go up on the top of the stand, because it actually blocks the bottom few inches of the TV.

So putting all this together, what would you recommend? I need some specific model's/brands/links because placing this center channel is going to be tough. I don't want it on the floor! Just for reference, here is my gear

TV - Phillips 47" LCD
Video - PS3
Video - Standard DVD player (soon to get oppo)
AVR - Pioneer Elite VHX-01
Center - Polk CSi5
Mains - Polk RTi10s
Rears - Polk FXi4s
Sub - Elemental Designs A3-300

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Consider getting a rack/stand that has mounting rails on the back for a flat panel, then the TV is raised and you can put center channel speaker on the top shelf.

www.racksandstands.com has a zillion different designs from many manufacturers you can look at.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Remember that heat is your enemy when it comes to AV equipment. My Integra 6.8 receiver runs hot and the manual recommends that is not be housed in an closed enclosure or have any other equipment set on top of it. The same warning came with my Scientific Atlantic cable box.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Consider building your own. Google "flexi rack". The end result will be similar to Salamander's Archtype racks (at a MUCH cheaper price point!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonvn
Recent bookmarks