What's new

help with frames for a website (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
hey guys, i need some advice. i'm webmastering a site for the tattoo shop my girlfriend works at. the site looks like i intend it to at 1024x768. at 800x600 though some of the pictures get lopped off. i was wondering how i implement a side scrolling bar. i set scrolling to auto but it only allows scrolling up and down. how do i do the side to side. please note...i am doing this site for free so there is no money involved. the owner of the shop really doesn't care (he's a big old biker) but i do. here's the site in question: Gulf Coast Tattoo. feel free to laugh if you want. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
kevin t

Chris Mannes

Stunt Coordinator
Visit http://www.useit.com
Be sure to check out his books.
Designing Web Usability : The Practice of Simplicity
&
Homepage Usability: 50 Websites Deconstructed
I've not read the second, but the first is like my web-design bible.
Chris M.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I would actually recommend going to 2 pictures per row instead of having 3. You need to optimize the website for 800x600 because that's the resolution most non-computer experts use by default these days (ie, thaat's the setting that Windows install defaults to, unless it's a really old version of Windows).

Only people who know how to change resolutions tend to use something higher.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i changed the frames layout to accomodate 800x600 and 1024x768. i prefer the old look to the site but like i said, the owner really doesn't care and now the site is a tab more user friendly.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks