help with frames for a website

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin T, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

hey guys, i need some advice. i'm webmastering a site for the tattoo shop my girlfriend works at. the site looks like i intend it to at 1024x768. at 800x600 though some of the pictures get lopped off. i was wondering how i implement a side scrolling bar. i set scrolling to auto but it only allows scrolling up and down. how do i do the side to side. please note...i am doing this site for free so there is no money involved. the owner of the shop really doesn't care (he's a big old biker) but i do. here's the site in question: Gulf Coast Tattoo. feel free to laugh if you want. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    kevin t

2. Chris Mannes

Chris Mannes Stunt Coordinator

Visit http://www.useit.com
    Be sure to check out his books.
    Designing Web Usability : The Practice of Simplicity
    &
    Homepage Usability: 50 Websites Deconstructed
    I've not read the second, but the first is like my web-design bible.
    Chris M.

3. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I would actually recommend going to 2 pictures per row instead of having 3. You need to optimize the website for 800x600 because that's the resolution most non-computer experts use by default these days (ie, thaat's the setting that Windows install defaults to, unless it's a really old version of Windows).

Only people who know how to change resolutions tend to use something higher.

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i changed the frames layout to accomodate 800x600 and 1024x768. i prefer the old look to the site but like i said, the owner really doesn't care and now the site is a tab more user friendly.

kevin t