What's new

Help with "Eternal Darkness".... (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I am in "Paul's Chapter" and am at the point where I need to cast a 5-point Dispel Magic spell to counter a 5-point force field thing that is blocking my way. I picked up the Rune that allows me to cast 5-point spells (and it shows up in my inventory), however, when in the "casting spells" menu, only the 3-point spell shows up. The book states that I should choose my spell, choose the power level (3, 5, or 7 power level), then choose the alignment (i.e., color) and I'm good to go. I understand that, however, only the 3-point Rune shows up on the casting spells menu, while the 5-point Rune does indeed appear in my inventory yet appears useless. What the heck do I do? I've already tried a ton of different things and am coming up clueless.

Thanks for the help!

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Eternal Darkness? Fantastic game! It's been a couple of months since I've played though. However, I think the problem is that you need to basically create a new spell now that you have a higher level. I forget exactly what the option is called, but you make the new spell using the 5-power alignment, the godly power, the original two runes, and for the rest add pargon (power) runes. That should unlock the new spell. Please let me know if this helped or not so I can help ya better if need be.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
What he said...

Basically, just use the "power" rune twice, then pound out the same 3 point spells... so if the "power" rune were E, and the three point spell were ABC, the new spell would be ABCEE

Just do that for all your spells. Takes 3 minutes.

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
this should work throughout the game when making stronger spells... this was a sweet game i need to get it back from my brother to play it again

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this game several months ago, but I didn't open and play it until recently because I wanted to finish some other games first. I've enjoyed it so far, but I'm having a technical problem that I wonder if anyone else has had that might be reading this thread. Periodically during one of the animated cut scenes, the audio and video will stutter. Nothing like this has ever happened during actual gameplay, just during the cut scenes. If the disc is defective, I'm not sure I have any recourse since I purchased it so long ago :frowning: .

the skipping Eternal Darkness disc problem..... no man you are not alone.

There are several post on the net about this issue, some people blame the cube, some blame the disc...

This game was amazing but I sold it as soon I had finishes it. (long time ago, bought it the day it came out)

Have you noticed how much noise the transport for the optical head in cube is making noise during this game??? I think its the way Silicon Knight had put data on the disc.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Brett,

I had the EXACT same problem, and actually so did quite a few others on message boards around the net.

The good news: it is NOT your disc. I exchanged the game for another copy and had the same problem.

The bad news: the problem is your GameCube system. It's defective.

Eternal Darkness makes use of some form of technology that loads parts of the game while playing a scene in realtime. In other words, your cube can do just fine with most games, but Eternal Darkness will give you problems because it makes use of this technology. Hopefully you still have a warranty on the cube. I called Nintendo Customer Service, told them what was wrong, and after trying their pretty pointless techniques (both games were brand new and dust free!)of fixing the situation, they had me ship the cube to them and they just sent me a new one (free of charge because it was still under warranty). The result? Eternal Darkness now works flawlessly, no hiccups in the animated scenes whatsoever.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll post whether or not I was successful- I'm hooked on "Bounty Hunter" right now and want to finish that first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks