What's new

Help with DVD purchases Part II (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It's that time again where I have money burning my pocket, and would still have plenty leftover for a spring break trip. Thanx to your recommendations, I'm now the proud owner of my first Kurosawa films and The French Connection.
Here's the slate of movies I want to get in the next month or so:

Notorious: Criterion Collection
Rebecca: Criterion Collection
A Bug's Life: Collector's Edition
Enter the Dragon: Special Edition
X-Men
Evil Dead Limited Edition
Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock Verision, but which one?)
Coming to America
Buffy: Season One

Which one should I get first? Second? I found Rebecca: Criterion Collection for 40 bucks. Is that a good deal considering that it's 1. A Criterion Collection and 2. It's a two-disc set?

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I'd recommend Notorious & Rebecca. If you're able, get them from DVD Planet for 25.97 apiece, plus 3.00 s/h total. That's the best price I was able to find.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess I'd recommend A Bug's Life and one of the Hitchcock's.

But which one. Actually I strongly recommend all three. However, I'd get Psycho first, because it's the best film of the three. After that the Criterions.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hey Rob, does the Evil Dead dvd you mentioned have DD5.1 sound?

Thanks and sorry for interrupting this thread! :b

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Jeffrey,

The new Anchor Bay Evil Dead SE will have both Dolby Digital EX AND DTS 6.1.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Chalk up Rebecca: Criterion Collection and Notorious: Criterion Collection for my purchases. I would like to thank everybody in this thread, especially Mr. Rob Lutter for recommending Deep Discount DVD. I hope I get my discs by the end of the week. :)
In other news, I called a Louisville, KY Best Buy, and they had about 4 A Bug's Life: Collector's Edition. I think it's a time for a road trip.
I'm still a little skeptical about ordering limited edition DVDs off online retailers though. I think I'll just pick up my copy at Best Buy or preorder at Suncoast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks