Help with DVD Profiler

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lance Nichols, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

OK, here it is, I skimmed the DVDProfiler site, could not find what I am looking for.

I used to print out a reports by exporting to CSV, the doing the sort I wanted in Excel. With the new version of DVD Profiler, titles are (properly) titled with THE in the front. IE, The Cat's Meow, is now titled, The Cat's Meow, but sorted as Cat's Meow, The.

Now, how do I sort by Genre, then Sort by title using the Sort by function. that is i want titles alphabetize based on Cat's Meow, The NOT The Cat's Meow.

Exporting to XML captures the 2 title fields, CVS does not.

Could not find a report that did this either. Does this mean I have to build one up?

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I didn't notice it was doing this until reading your post. Anyone have a solution?

3. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    I think ver 2.0 is giving them some problems. IMHO

4. Steven_Ma

Steven_Ma Agent

Anyone else notice that they have not updated th Images in a while? I still don't have high rez scans of a few of my recently bought DVD's ( True romance, Unforgiven among others)

5. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Seeming as I scan in all my DVD covers a 150dpi, I am not too concerned with the inability to DL new HI-Rez covers.

Try resetting the date stamps on your database. I remember when I installed the beta, I had this problem. The date stamp thing worked. Back-up first.

6. Steven_Ma

Steven_Ma Agent

How do I change my date stamps?

7. James_S

James_S Second Unit

Here is my problem:

I have downloaded 2.0 and I go to refresh from IVS, it downloads my Online profile list, as soon as it get to my alais list it feezes up my computer.

Any cures for this or anybody else dealing with this?

James

8. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

James,

I'm experiencing the same glitch, though it doesn't freeze my computer. The program switches into 'Not Responding' mode.

Suggestions, anyone?

9. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

After reformatting my computer, I was having serious problems with getting any kind of info about the DVD's I was loading. And when I tried to download my list from the server, I kept getting a timeout. So I simply uninstalled the Profiler, then reinstalled it, and presto, the problems went away.

I believe during the installation, I kept everything checked to get installed, and left everything at default. This is the version I have:
    Version: 2.0.0
    Build: 569