What's new

Help with DVD player upgrade.. (1 Viewer)

Jon Musil

Stunt Coordinator
advice. Is it worthwhile to replace/upgrade my DVD player in the new HT setup I'm doing for one with Component Video connectivity, or should I just wait for the next generation of connectivity like firewire? FYI, I'm getting the new Sammy 46" DLP which has dual CVS inputs and I'm running the Elite 43TX as my AVR.

The current one, a Toshiba SD-3750 is progressive scan, has 24bit/192khz audio DAC and DTS processing among other types. It is also nearly new use-wise, having played less than a dozen DVD's.

SO, is the upgrade to Component Video from S-Video worthwhile under these conditions? If so any recommendations on a reasonably priced Component Video capable DVD player? I've already blown my budget by over a $1,500 dollars on speakers and cabling so I want to be smart about this?

This is time critical as I would need to buy a new DVD player today to have it available to connect it into the system by Saturday if it's mail order! Please advise!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jon, your prog-scan Toshiba player has component-video outputs. Yes, they are an improvement over S-video, so use them. (Did I understand your question correctly?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks