Help with DIY Headphone amp please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas_Berg, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    well, after realizing that my Onkyo 595's headphone jack is utter crap, i need a good headphone amp to power my Sennheiser HD580s and wireless RS60's. besides, i need a good Christmas project for while i'm back at home. [​IMG]
    ive talked to a veteran DIY'er and he assured me that a 'phone amp is a good and relatively easy way to start a DIY hobby. here's where you guys come in: i've never done anything like this before! i know i can bulid a decent 'phone amp for about $30 is Rat Shack parts, which beats paying $150-$200 for a new amp. so, can someone please outline to me how i would go about building a simple headphone amp with room for two sets of headphones? i'm guessing the input will be off my receiver's "Tape Out" RCA's, but i really have no clue as to what exactly to buy and how to assemble it. any and all help is much appreciated!! TIA

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

If you have never done anything like this before, how about a kit? -generally they do a good job and costs aren't that much more than parts
    www.mcmelectronics.com have a lot and also sells piece parts too
    Rat shack parts are so-so if they have them

4. Seungsoo Hwang

Seungsoo Hwang Stunt Coordinator