What's new

Help with Dick Van Dyke episode, please (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Oh, yeah. Of course, Eric is quite right here. (Thank you, sir.)

We see Edwin doing his bit on stage during the Brady Show.

I should have mentioned this!

*hides head in shame*

(Somebody get Barney's bullet and put it in my brain for such negligence!)

:)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
David VP,

Glad to see you back. ;)

I'm in complete agreement with you on the "ALAN BRADY SHOW PRESENTS" topic. I've never understood why so many fans disliked the episode so intensely. I've always enjoyed it, and watch it like clockwork every Christmas.

While I'm not sure I've ever seen the Judy Garland Christmas special you mentioned, I absolutely agree with you that the DVDS, TAGS, and MTM Christmas episodes are three of the very best! I'd add one more classic to that list - The first FATHER KNOWS BEST Christmas episode! It was fantastic, and I got to see it for the first time in many a years when TVLand aired it a couple of years ago.

It's entitled "The Christmas Story" and is centered around the Anderson family getting stuck up in the mountains on Christmas Eve when a blizzard hits. Great stuff, IMHO.

FKB had a second Christmas episode a few years later that was also fairly good (although not as good as the first) entitled "The Angel's Sweater." Again, it's not as good as the first one, but decent nonetheless.

Gary "I've been enjoying my 4th Season set of TDVDS for a couple of days now and while I love all 5 seasons of the show - it definitely never jumped the shark! - , I think this season is my favorite" O.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Hi Gary "More Nicknames Than You Can Shake A Stick At" O.S. :)

Re. the Van Dyke Christmas show. It *could* be that many people dislike the fact that this ep. is totally different from the regular format of the series; a format that worked well for 157 other episodes. Maybe it's partly the "I Hate Changes Of Any Kind" syndrome.

But, I'm no psychiatrist. That's Phil Nevins' territory. (He's the "shrink" on TDVDS, played (twice) by the very capable actor, Ross Elliott, who was also Ricky Ricardo's press agent in "I Love Lucy".)

Rob -- "Then I'm not necessarily crazy?"
Phil Nevins -- "Not necessarily"
Rob -- "Well, Phil, at least let me pay you for your trouble."
Phil Nevins -- "Oh, don't be crazy!" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks