What's new

Help with Dial M for Murder (1 Viewer)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I recently purchased Dial M and tried to watch it last night. The first screen that came up was a warning that to watch in 3d required a 3d tv and 3d bluray player. Being already aware of this I quickly and stupidly pressed ok. As soon as my finger came off the button I realized that pressing ok selected the 2d version of the film.

I could find no menu option to get to the 3d version. I tried starting from chapter selection. I stopped and restarted. I powered off the blu ray player. I loaded another disc then came back to dial M. But nothing has brought back the initial warning screen. And the disc always stays 2d.

Is there a way to clear the memory from the disc or the player?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I recently purchased Dial M and tried to watch it last night. The first screen that came up was a warning that to watch in 3d required a 3d tv and 3d bluray player. Being already aware of this I quickly and stupidly pressed ok. As soon as my finger came off the button I realized that pressing ok selected the 2d version of the film.

I could find no menu option to get to the 3d version. I tried starting from chapter selection. I stopped and restarted. I powered off the blu ray player. I loaded another disc then came back to dial M. But nothing has brought back the initial warning screen. And the disc always stays 2d.

Is there a way to clear the memory from the disc or the player?

Try player cache

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Thank you for the quick response.

I have an old samsung h5900 player and could not access the cache in the settings menu. I googled it, and ill probably try a hard reset this afternoon.

If that doesnt work, im going to my brother in laws for dinner tonight. Ill bring the disc with and hopefully in a different player I can make it work and then try again at my house.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Thank you for the quick response.

I have an old samsung h5900 player and could not access the cache in the settings menu. I googled it, and ill probably try a hard reset this afternoon.

If that doesnt work, im going to my brother in laws for dinner tonight. Ill bring the disc with and hopefully in a different player I can make it work and then try again at my house.

Your Blu Ray player thinks that is where you left off.

1) Try starting the movie and then jumping chapter by chapter to the end. Perhaps the player will think the movie is finished and go back to the first menu.

2) Or, try the pop up menu. Is there anything there to help?

3) Have you tried unplugging you player for a few minutes? This cures most things for me.

Good Luck!

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Thank you for the suggestions.

I got it to work by selecting the last chapter and forwarding to the end, then through all of the international warnings, until the menu came back up. Then i had to eject and reload, and finally it came up in 3d.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hickskeith007
Recent bookmarks