What's new

Help with Denon DVD1600 Settings (1 Viewer)

Luke_Lemmings

Stunt Coordinator
Need some help with the settings for this player.

I have it connected via optical cable to my Harman Kardon AVR125.

Do I set the Dolby Digital to Bitstream or PCM?

Do I set the DTS to Bitstream or PCM?

What's PCM downconversion and do I set it on or off?

I haven't hooked it up for DVD-A yet so I haven't touched the speaker settings. Do I need to adjust those too even if I don't plan on using DVD-A for the time being?

Do you DVD-1600 owners use the "Cinema Mode"?
And do you set the display dimmer to "BRIGHT", "Dim", or "AUTO"?

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
If your receiver has a built-in Dolby decoder set Dolby Digital to Bitstream, if not select PCM. If your receiver has DTS decoding, then set DTS to Bitstream, if not PCM. If unsure, you can try it with bitstream and see if you hear anything thru the receiver with an appropriate movie using Dolby or DTS soundtrack active respectively. PCM downcoversion is for audio with 96Kbps sampling rate (I haven't seen any that have that however) - so I don't think it will matter how you set it for now. Just setup the speaker settings for 2channel until you use the 5.1 analog outputs for DVD-A. I'd recommend not using cinema mode, it softens the picture, just use normal mode and set your TV's brightness, etc. controls appropriately preferably using a setup DVD like AVIA. The display dimmer is your choice - if its to bright for you, use dim or auto - its just cosmetic, doesn't affect functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks