What's new

Help with Denon AVR-S730H (1 Viewer)

Rado001

Auditioning
Real Name
Radoslav Ratkovic
Hi all,

Looking to get a new Denon AVR-S730H and have a few questions I couldn't have answered from reading reviews and specs:

1) I have a Denon HomeCinema soundbar and sub. Both are HEOS-based, as is the receiver in question. Will the AVR-S730H connect with HomeCinema soundbar / sub?

2) Is there a stereo (2-channel) sound mode option with this receiver?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rado

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
(1) Soundbars and AV receivers are two different methods for managing home theater equipment. It’s typically difficult-to-impossible to integrate the two. In your case, the soundbar has an AUX input that could be used with the RCA main channel outputs of the AVR. Probably wouldn’t work without issues I won’t bother to go into, but it’s moot because the S730H doesn’t have any main channel outputs. Limited flexibility is typically one of the casualties with budget equipment.

(2) I’ve never seen a receiver that didn’t have a basic two-channel mode.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Rado001

Auditioning
Real Name
Radoslav Ratkovic
(1) Soundbars and AV receivers are two different methods for managing home theater equipment. It’s typically difficult-to-impossible to integrate the two. In your case, the soundbar has an AUX input that could be used with the RCA main channel outputs of the AVR. Probably wouldn’t work without issues I won’t bother to go into, but it’s moot because the S730H doesn’t have any main channel outputs. Limited flexibility is typically one of the casualties with budget equipment.

(2) I’ve never seen a receiver that didn’t have a basic two-channel mode.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Hmmm ... so the fact that 730H has built-in HEOS wireless technology and that HomeCinema has built-in wireless communication with other HEOS devices doesn't really mean anything?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Sure it does.

A soundbar isn’t merely a speaker system. It’s more realistically an AVR with built-in speakers. It has everything built into it that an AVR does (except a radio tuner): A pre-amp for volume and tone controls, connection and switching for a number of source components, with the addition of built-in amplifiers to drive the built-in speakers. All in one compact package.

Thus, soundbars and AVRs are basically two different platforms to provide a “central hub” for a home theater system.

In like manner, the soundbar and the AVR are to different platforms for providing the “base station” for a HEOS system. Each can “talk to” other peripheral HEOS devices, but you can’t expect the two “base stations” to be able to control each other. Make sense?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Rado001

Auditioning
Real Name
Radoslav Ratkovic
Sure it does.

A soundbar isn’t merely a speaker system. It’s more realistically an AVR with built-in speakers. It has everything built into it that an AVR does (except a radio tuner): A pre-amp for volume and tone controls, connection and switching for a number of source components, with the addition of built-in amplifiers to drive the built-in speakers. All in one compact package.

Thus, soundbars and AVRs are basically two different platforms to provide a “central hub” for a home theater system.

In like manner, the soundbar and the AVR are to different platforms for providing the “base station” for a HEOS system. Each can “talk to” other peripheral HEOS devices, but you can’t expect the two “base stations” to be able to control each other. Make sense?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Got it. Yes, thank you Wayne for a great response. Cheers,

Rado

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks