What's new

help with Denon 2106 (1 Viewer)

mike coco

Auditioning
Real Name
mike coco
I am the newest possible at this (having waited until age 51 to venture into home theater).
I have a Denon 2106 with 7 speakers plus a sub hooked up.
When I run the speaker test all speakers respond so I assume they are hooked up correctly and working but I can only get sound, TV or DVD, using Stereo or Direct and then I only get sound from the front speakers.
I can't get any sound using 7ch or any other surround settings.
I don't know if this is enough info for someone to suggest a solution but I will gladly furnish more info about my setup if someone will help.

Thanks for any help.

mike

Armando Llanes

Auditioning
Real Name
Armando Llanes
I have a button on my remote that says 7 channel.
Put a CD and play it. Make sure your CD player is hooked up to the CD outs on your receiver. Then press the button on your remote that says 7 channel. You should get sound on all 7 speakers. If you don't press that button I believe you will only get CD music on two speakers plus the sub.

Hope this helps

mike coco

Auditioning
Real Name
mike coco
Thanks for the reply.
I hooked up optical cables and got sound from all speakers but it is terrible compared to the 2 speakers that work as I said above.
I think my amp is defective. It was an open item at Best Buy. It may have been returned defective.

mike coco

Auditioning
Real Name
mike coco
Never mind. The unit was defective. I traded it back for a Yamaha 5960 that is working perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks