What's new

Help with decision on a 30'' TV (1 Viewer)

MikeOL

Auditioning
I need some advice on purchasing either a Sony 30'' (KV30HS510) or a Toshiba 30''(30HF83). I can get the Sony for $1260 plus tax with No Interest until June 2005, or I can get the Toshiba for $1170 plus tax with No Interest until March 2005. Would it be better to spend the extra money on the Sony? I haven't seen either of these TV anywhere other than the showroom floor, so I don't really know which would be better when I get it home after some calibration. Thanks for any input.

MikeOL

Auditioning
Does anyone have any info on the stretch modes for each TV? A salesman told me that the Toshiba has the best stretch modes, including one mode to eliminate the black bars on a 2.35:1 movie. Does the Sony offer these same modes for 4:3 material?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Mike, I'm not sure & maybe some other members will chime in with the info for you. You might also want to check www.crutchfield.com they may have the info listed on their site along with pictures of the back panels, remotes & etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks