What's new

Help with Convergence Question (1 Viewer)

Matt Lane

Agent
I have the Mitsubishi WS-65908 and it has a 64 point convergence setup. I am getting the new Digital Video Essentials DVD this week and will be calibrating with that as well. I was wondering does it matter if I do the 64 point convergence before or after the DVE? Also there is a main blue and a main red convergence. Should I do the 64 point convergence before or after the 2 main?

Thanks

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,

You can do the convergence before you get your DVE. The user convergence adjustment won't be thrown off by calibration of the user controls. You should do the main center 1 point red and blue convergence first, then do the 64 point.
The things I told you only apply if you are only doing user level controls. If you change things like overscan, etc in the service menu, it will throw off your convergence.

Chad

Matt Lane

Agent
Chad,

Thanks for the reply. I do no intend on doing anything in the service menu for right now. I hope to have someone professional come in and do it for me at some point though.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks