What's new

Help with Color Calibration..Please (1 Viewer)

NealH

Grip
I am very new to RPTV..I just got a Hitachi SWX20B 51inch(I got an open box for $2400 with a 4yr C.C warranty)...
I noticed a siginificant red push on the floor model..

I have seen people recommend using an AVIA disc to color calibrate the screen..where do you get these..

Also when setting up the screen for image quality etc...Do you do it for each mode 16:9, 4:3, cable TV, DVD, VCR use...

I am a true novice and I am not sure how to proceed ..I wnat to reduce issue of burn-in and get the image quality I can..

I realize Greg Loewen is an option too for ISF calibration..but I live Near Tampa and did not see him in this area

What can you all recommend in order to "setup the RPTV" after first getting from image, burn=in standpoint..

Thanks you very much and I am sorry if this has been asked but I have read a good portion of the burnin thread but I am very confused

NealH

Grip
I guess this was in the wrong forum ..or I seemed to annoy with the topic..I am sorry...

Can anybody direct me to good site on RPTV FAQ

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Avia is available anywhere by special order ...

Generally set the TV up for DVD first and see how everything else looks based on those settings. Make changes as needed.

REduce burn in by never having contrast more than 50% and never use 4:3 mode.

Recommend you let TV break in and then get professional calibration.

Regards

NealH

Grip
Michael TLV..thank you for the kind response...I will take your suggestions..also is AVIA disc available at a retail outlet?

Thomas~Mur

Auditioning
Hi,
I found my copy at Media Play "Pittsburgh", also if you are really hard up I know some Best Buys (please do not buy from them)have them. Avia direct might have a newer copy but i'm not sure of the differences.
-Hope this helps.

NealH

Grip
Thanks..is better to buy direct??

Also how expense is an ISF calibration...several hundred $$$

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

A basic ISF calibration has a suggested price of $275 ... but most people on these forums want more extensive calibration efforts. This tends to up the cost to about $400 to $600.

Some get sticker shock over this, others do not.

Regards

NealH

Grip
thank you...yes there was abit of sticker price shock..although I expected the cost to be several hundred $$$

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks