Help with Center Speaker Mount

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JohnnyCorona, Jun 22, 2003.

1. JohnnyCorona

JohnnyCorona Agent

I need some ideas on what you folks do with a center speaker when you have a large screen tv. I have a Samsung 42" HDTV and the top of the tv is only 4" wide. Not to steady for placing a good sized center speaker up there. My TV has a metal staircase behind it (this is pretty much my best option), so where do i put the center speaker?

theres no wall to mount it to. i thought about hanging it down from the ceiling. Anybody had this problem?

johnny

2. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

I assume you mean 4" deep.

How is your TV currently situated? Does this model have its own stand inside which the internal speakers are situated, or do you have it on some external stand? If you do not need access to the stand, you could get a separate center speaker stand and place it in front of the TV stand. At that height, you would need to angle the speaker up a bit.

Doug

3. JohnnyCorona

JohnnyCorona Agent

Well, it does have a short stand, theres enough room at the bottom for DVD player and Sat Receiver, thats about it. The speaker would fit down there, but it would be about 1" off the ground, seems kinda low. I thought about getting a stand for it, but I need a stand that only sits about 1' high and I havent found one that low yet.

Know of any good places to get cheap speaker stands?

Johnny

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

5. Russell Osborne

6. JohnnyCorona

JohnnyCorona Agent

Hey thanks for all your help guys! Either one of those 2 would work perfect, now I just need to decide which way to go.

Thanks again,

Johnny