What's new

Help with Ceiling Mounting (1 Viewer)

Joel~Solid

Agent
My new home is in the process of being built and will be done in June of this year. My dedicated Theater room will be approx 16 L X 14 W X 8 H. The question has to do with Ceiling mounting my JVC HX1. If I use a ceiling mounting kit Like this one How do I get my image to display properly without keystone adjustments. If I tilt the projector down a bit I would need keystone corrections to fix/square the image correct? I heard that keystone adjustments should be avoided especially when 1:1 pixal mapping is used.

Here is my issue........

Room with 100 inch approx diagonal scrren = 49 inches high.

Mounting the projector virtually flush with the 8 ft ceiling means the screen also needs to be mounted within 6-12 inches of the ceiling. Only problem with that is the projector is now hanging pretty low (with an 8 ft ceiling) and more likely to get hit.

At that height the eye level would practically be equal to the Very Bottom of the screen. I know it is suppose to be in the bottom 1/3 of the screen, but not the very bottom.

Would I be better off getting a pole sytle mounting kit? I found a telescoping one that would give me 9.5-12 inches of of lowering.

How do you guys do it that have vaulted ceilings?

I'm well versed in other display units but this will be my first FP setup so be kind. Thanks in advance.

Joel

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
If you have a vaulted ceiling, you can build a "filler" first that would fit the vault of your ceiling giving you a flat base on which to install the projector mount onto. This would also lower the projector a bit which would help with your screen scenario and allow you to drop the screen a bit as well.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Your room is only 16' long. You should mount it as far back as possible, on the rear wall. With a 100" screen, your projector's lens can be as far back as 18' (14.3' to 18.6' range, to be exact).

With a 100" diagonal screen, your a* measurement is 2" (top of screen should be 2" below center of lens).

Don't forget, the further back you are, the more the image will be thrown through the center of the lens, which is the highest quality portion of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks