What's new

Help with calibrating speakers and opitical audio cable (1 Viewer)

Gregory Gillis

Auditioning
I acquired a used pioneer receiver, vsx509s. It seems to work fine; however, I have no remote. I connected a coaxial audio to the dvd and it receives the digital source fine. Apparently, dvd is the default setting for the coaxial imput. The optical imput from the pvr/satlite box is not being recognized. I am NOT receiving a digital signal from that source. How, if possible, do I set this on my receiver without the remote?

I cannot calibrate my speakers settings either without the remote. Does anyone have any suggestions? I purchased a universal remote but it does not seem to callup the necessary menu for the calibrations. I am considering purchasing a used remote for the receiver, pioneer vsx509s, but so far I have not found one that is reasonably priced.

If you have suggestions, get back with me.

Thanks my friends.

Greg

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
If you bought a OneForAll remote, you might be in luck. You might be able to access the keys that you need for calibration by using advanced functions. These are delineated at this OneForAll remote fan page: http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/index.shtml If you're good with computers you can get a computer interface for your remote and program and upgrade it from your PC. A good place to start is http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/ .

Keep an eye on Ebay and at your local electronics repair place. Ebay often has OEM remotes that people sell, and lots of times you rlocal electronics repair shops may have lots of remotes for cheap. I got a remote for a LD player that I bought as a floor model with no remote about 6 years ago at a electronics repair shop and it works great.

I don't know if you ever found a solution for this, but I have the original remote for a VSX 509S that I don't use. Nor do I use the reciever. I'd lend you mine if I find my other universal remote to program it into.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks