Help with Brady Bunch Skipping Problem

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JonathanBB, Mar 17, 2006.

1. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I have recently been watching "The Brady Bunch: The Complete First Season", and I put Disc 2 in for the first time and I am having horrible trouble with the episode "The Voice of Christmas". It keeps skipping, I have already cleaned it twice. Anybody have any suggestions? I bought it back in November so I'm not sure If I can return the set.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

2. Jack Platt

Jack Platt Stunt Coordinator

Hi Jonathan,

I hear you about not being able to go through a disk for several months, than after the 30 day return policy expires or whatever, you're stuck with a bad disk. Unfortunately, you are right about that it might be too late to return the set. If cleaning the disk doesn't work after several tries and playbacks it is most likely that you have a defective disk. You would need to buy another disk......sorry!

Jack

3. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Try contacting Paramount. You might be able to get a replacement disk without sending in a receipt. I didn't have any trouble with my set.[​IMG]

4. RandallV

RandallV Second Unit

I agree with Mark. You should contact Paramount. They have great customer service and I bet they'll send you a replacement disc.

Good luck.

5. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Does the same hold true for Sony? I have trouble with a Jeffersons disk that I bought over a year ago. Didn't get around to watching it for a long time and now oh well. I'm stuck with it I guess??

6. RandallV

RandallV Second Unit

Ethan,

Never take that attitude - you should contact Sony customer service. You will probably find a link on The Digital Bits website. Whether you phone or write, I bet they (Sony) will help you.

Good luck.

7. Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore Second Unit

I never have had any problems with my Brady Bunch sets. Definitely contact the studio and ask for a replacement. If that doesn't work, wait around until right after Christmas and do a straight up exchange based on the bad disc. The post-Christmas returns are usually pretty liberal and don't require a receipt for a straight-up exchange.

8. Justin_M

Justin_M Agent

JonathanBB and Ethan Riley,
    Have either of you tried the disc on a different DVD player? You can't call it a bad disc unless you know for sure. What is the make and model of your player(s)?

Try unplugging the power cord for about 30 minutes and then try the disc again. Try the disc on a friend's player to see if the same thing happens. If the disc is truly bad, it will do the same thing on every player. If it works fine on a different player, then you can't totally blame the disc.

OXonce

9. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

I'll try the disc on another player. Thanks for the advice.