What's new

Help with Blu-Ray versions (1 Viewer)

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
Well, I took the plunge today and bought a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray player. I have a Samsung LCD television 4060, and unfortunately there is a problem. I am getting a very glitchy picture that looks good and than it flickers once or twice and this just keeps happening. I read somewhere else about somebody who had this flickering problem with the same combo tv/player and he said he was told by Panasonic that it was a Samsung problem and not a problem with their player. Now I am well aware of the HDMI handshake issue with the early versions of my Television, but I have had no issues with HDMI until now.

So here's my question: I guess I'm gonna have to return the Panny, but, since I've waited this long, I want to get a player that will work with my TV and is at least a version 1.1 player that will handle all the Java functions without any glitches.

Are there any other 1.1 players out there that are in the Panny's 499 price range? Nobody is real up front about the versions of their players. Is the Samsung 1400 a version 1.1 player? It might be my best bet with a Samsung flat screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Get a PS3. It's absolutely glitch free and will eventually handle all BD profiles.

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
Well, I solved my flickering problem with the Panasonic BD30 over the weekend. I upgraded to a 1080P rated Monster Cable HDMI and the problem is no longer. I really am loving this player too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks