What's new

Help with BFD questions. (1 Viewer)

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I have 2 subs a PB2 and a Von SChweikert S/3. The PB2 is connected to in/output 1 and the S/3 is connected to in/output 2. Which is the Left channel and which is the right. Is the SVS connected to input/output 1 the left or the right? How do I get both the left engine and the right engine active at the same time without being in the couple mode? I need to cut the SVS by 12 db's at 40hz and the S/3 I need to cut 10db's at the same frequency. Thanks for your help.

Steve

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Funny you should ask. I just finished tweaking my 2 subs. I'm running a sealed Tempest MidQ and a Shiva TL. I tested them both at the same time since that's how I plan on using them. Then I set the BFD filters with it in couple mode so it flattened out the overall bass response. It seemed the way to do it rather than trying to tweak them individually. I was trying to avoid bass cancellation issues so logic dictated that they both be running.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
You can but they can't both be active. You can select one or the other to set them individually. I suppose that would be the way to do it if you were never going to run both subs at the same time. I'm not sure how to answer the left right question. My subs are powered by an external amp so it's not hard to figure out which is which.

Richard_M

Second Unit
Hello Steve,

All you do is select either the left or right channel and program that channel for the result you want for the sub that is connected to it. Both of the channels are active all the time, the couple mode programs both channels at the same time if you require both to be the same.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

TimForman

Supporting Actor
I don't understand. If you're trying to create an overall (relatively) flat response you wouldn't run both subs at the same time, taking your readings and then EQ'ing both channels to arrive at your goal? If you individually test and EQ, then run them together aren't you still facing potential bass cancellation issues?

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Both subs are corner loaded in the same corner, but they are different subs. I need to cut one 12db's and the other 10'db's. I will then take readings of each sub individually with the L/R mains on to see where I stand after this cut. I have a nasty peak at 40hz with both subs.
Steve

TimForman

Supporting Actor
I'm trying but my experience leads me back to the same conclusion. I had peaks at 45 and 70 when taking test tones with both subs running. I then EQ'd with the channels coupled and got good results. I still don't understand why you'd want to set them individually unless you're planning on playing them individually, for example, one sub for music, the other for movies, never using them both at the same time. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks