help with bass shakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rodney wiley, Dec 21, 2001.

1. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Ok I got them installed a nd tried a few different locations on the sofa but really not getting the amount of sensation I thought I would. As far as mounting them how should I? Now Im just using wood screws should they be loose or tightly mounted, should I use some type of rubber to isolate them from the wood? HELP!!!!

2. John H

John H Second Unit

3. Nick_Scott

Nick_Scott Second Unit

I had the same problem. I think they were cancelling each other out, so attached them in a 2x2 pattern and they work really well now. Or maybe you have a huge couch, and need more shakers? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

I Think that bcause of the soze that I DO need more shakers Im gonna try it and see what happens. So far Its getting better. I really didnt realize how much they wee working until I turned off the sub.

5. KevinMcL

KevinMcL Agent

Geez, I wish I had a dig. camera. You'd make a mess in your pants if you saw the underside of my couches. One has 2x10" shakers, the other has 1x12". Use this link, and you'll laugh at any previous attempts at "shaking" your couch. My stove across the house shakes violently.
    http://www.sdinfo.com/volume_4_2/tactile.html
    Enjoy.