Help with Axiom QS series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WaltC, Nov 24, 2002.

1. WaltC

WaltC Agent

Looking for a small high quality speakers for the rear in a 7.1 system. Have Paradigm reference speakers 100,CC,ADP but I have been informed I need something small and compact in the rear. I have looked at the Axiom QS4 as compact but seems like a good match for the paradigms? How wiil they sound mounted on stand 30" at the back? Any other small speaker ideas for the rear?

Thanks

2. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

I have Qs4's mounted on stands in the back and they sound great.

Jason

3. WaltC

WaltC Agent

Did you make the stands or did you purchase Axiom stands? is the speaker attached to the stand or just sitting on top? Is there a hole on top of the stand? How big? Just enough for the speaker to fire through? How far apart are yours set?

Wow what a lot of questions!

4. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

5. Donald_Spry

Donald_Spry Stunt Coordinator

I think that the Paradigm Atoms may provide a better match than the QS would--being in the same family and all. And if you plan on mounting them, the Atoms are designed to mount to the Paradigm mounting brackets--about $30--without modification.

I am also currently using Paradigm Reference for my front stage and the Atoms for the rear--also because of space. I have no complaints with this configuration. Blends very well. There is another member also running this same configuration with no problems. 40's, CC, SVS, Atoms.

Donald Spry

6. WaltC

WaltC Agent

Thanks for the replys.

I built a cardboard model of the atms and the QS4 and had my wife choose.... She picked the QS4 (small looks more comapct and blends) the worse case is if I don't like them I can return them for the cost of shipping. I live in Ontario and it is cheaper to return than drive to a location that I can audition them.

I plan to build my stands. So are there 2 L brackets that attach at the back of the speaker and the stand? or one.

I would guess the hole in the stand is the size of the speaker on the bottom?

7. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Hmmm...I looked on Axiom's website and they seem to have redesigned their stands for the QS4s. The stands that I bought have one L bracket on them Here are the new QS4 stands. I Have no idea how they attach the speakers to the stands. Axiom has an excellent customer service department, so I would drop them a line concerning the stands. The forum on their website is also excellent for any information concerning axiom products, setups etc. I would go to the forum and post a questions concerning stands.
    Jason