What's new

Help with AVR Wall Mount Please (1 Viewer)

mkm

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I have this wall mount which I just mounted my tv to.

I wanna get a wall mount for an AV receiver, however I seem to have a problem.

If I get something that mounts to my tv wall mount like this, then if I tilt my tv forwards the AVR might fall off. Also if I move the tv around it may tug on the wires going to my speakers.

However if I got something that screws into the wall like this, then the problem is that I can't centre it beneath the tv. It needs to go into a stud, none of which are in the centre of the tv.

Any ideas or help with this?

Edit: nvm... I think I'm just gonna get one of these and simplify the whole thing.

Last edited:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Hi Matt,

What you have chosen sounds like the best solution. Generally speaking, nobody makes a wallmount that also has a receiver attachment.

If you have sufficient extra length in your cables, having the receiver sit on a static mount usually ins't a problem. Is there a reason you want to keep it attached directly beneath/to the TV?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The typical solution is an equipment stand just for your electronics, then put the TV on top of it, or get a stand like THIS for the TV, so you can rotate it. It gives you a lot more options than trying to find a single stand to do both functions.

mkm

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Hey thanks for the replies. I just thought it would look better mounted beneath the tv so it's centred. I already ordered that other thing so should be all good.

And John... yes if you look at my first post I ordered something basically just like that.

DonnaHamilton

Auditioning
Real Name
Donna
I have this wall mount which I just mounted my tv to.

I wanna get a wall mount for an AV receiver, however I seem to have a problem.

If I get something that mounts to my tv wall mount like this, then if I tilt my tv forwards the AVR might fall off. Also if I move the tv around it may tug on the wires going to my speakers.

However if I got something that screws into the wall like this, then the problem is that I can't centre it beneath the tv. It needs to go into a stud, none of which are in the centre of the tv.

Any ideas or help with this?

Edit: nvm... I think I'm just gonna get one of these and simplify the whole thing.

The biggest negative is how expensive it is for such a small amp.
If I have AVR smartcards that I can use with my tv then these would be very convenient, though I think a card reader/writer that writes to my tv would be better. May be it is possible to get something like this that mounts to my tv wall mount that has a built in adapter for each HDMI port

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks