1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with audio on VCD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary_E, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Please excuse me but I'm just beginning to delve into the VCD world. I have been able using Nero 5.5 to burn .avi and .mpg files to a CD-R. I am trying to use TMPGEnc to convert .mov files to .mpg. After the conversion I can get video but no audio.
    I've searched HTF and a few other forums but can't find anything specific on this situation. Unfortunatly much of what I have read I don't really understand regarding the audio issue. Any help or simplistic explanation would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    -Gary

2. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Hi. I've recently been experimenting a bit with VCDs, also. I haven't tried any .mov files yet, though. Have you checked the VCD Help website? Here is a link to a guide to making VCDs from .mov's with TMPGEnc. [​IMG] too many abbreviations
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm
    -Dan B

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

TMPEG allows you to list separate video and audio tracks for the file. Make sure your source is listed in both boxes