Help with Antenna

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean_R, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Sean_R

Sean_R Auditioning

Hi, I have been reading a lot of posts regarding OTA antenna's and have seen that some people here are real good with them. I went to www.titantv.com and of course it recommended the antennacraft AC-9 which I read in other posts that it pretty much always recommends for everyone.
    I am wondering what a better choice for me would be. www.antennaweb.org recommends a medium directional antenna.
    If you'd like to see exactly what I'm dealing with you can enter 100 Webster Rd, Enfield CT 06082, no tall buildings at antennaweb.org.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

2. Jimmy P

Jimmy P Stunt Coordinator

If you are near a transmitter (100 or so miles) a standard outdoor antenna (uhf,vhf)should be fine.Do you have a Radio Shack store in your area,that would be a good place to look.

3. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Sean,

I'm about 25 miles from the farthest tower and I use a 60" antenna ($30.00) from Radio Shack. My friend who's about 50 miles from the farthest tower uses an 80" RS antenna ($40.00). Both of us have rotors but the towers are all to the south so the rotors aren't use that much. Reception is excellent considering we have no mountains to block our signals.

Hope this helps.

-Gary